Audit Assurance Risk: Further Information
Newrisk Limited is available to advise organisations and governments on audit assurance risk. Newrisk Limited and its principal adviser, Dr Leivesley, have previously provided lectures, conferences papers and workshops on this topic, examples of which are set out below. To return to the overview of Newrisk Limited's audit assurance risk expertise, please click here.
To request Newrisk Limited's assistance in connection with audit assurance risk, please contact Newrisk Limited directly.
Lectures & Conferences
Newrisk Limited and its principal adviser, Dr Leivesley, have provided lectures & conferences on audit assurance risk, including:
- Exercise Cyber Attack, Emerging Cyber Threats, Regional Overview' for CISO Middle East Ninth Annual Conference, Dubai, March 27-29, 2017 on March 27;
- 'Urban Terror Targets: Optimising Cyber Security for Survival' for CISO Middle East Ninth Annual Conference, Dubai, March 27-29, 2017 on March 28;
- ‘London in 2012- Security Lessons and Future Threats’, ISC2 Secure Workshop in London (England) in March 2013. Training modules included: Training modules: Lessons from London in 2012; Lessons for Securing Systems; Skills for Monitoring the Cyber Threat Landscape; Security Audits for Cloud; Media Communications Skills and Role Plays; Skills Development;
- 'Strategic Approaches to Catastrophic Risk of Fraud and Corruption: New Lessons from London in 2012 & Other Case Studies including Wikileaks' - Paper to the MIS 5th Annual Fraud and Corruption Summit in Copenhagen (Denmark) in April 2011: discussing catastrophic risk auditing as an essential component for the mitigation of corruption and fraud. Particularly, this discussed the development of audit principles for catastrophic risk reduction and the significance of audit and assurance processes including internal audit.
- 'Reputation, Governance and Audit: Managing Catastrophic Risk from Terrorism or Accidents: London in 2012 and BP Gulf Oil Spill' - Paper to the MIS Middle East Fraud and Corruption Summit in Dubai (UAE) in January 2011: addressing the recognition and reporting of catastrophic risk, including the preparation of a catastrophic risk audit process, the intricacies of stress testing, the quantification of catastrophic risk for board reports, the auditing of crisis response and post incident mitigation capability as well as reputation issues for companies and auditors.
Newrisk Limited and its principal adviser, Dr Leivesley, have provided workshop exercises on audit assurance risk, including:
- 'Auditing Risk Management of Top Threats to Reputation and Security for Nations Visiting International Events such as London in 2012 and other Sports Events' - Paper to the 5th Annual Audit, Risk and Governance Africa Conference in Durban (South Africa) in August 2010: involving participants working through new major risk scenarios and exercises in order to assess and prepare for organisational reputation issues and other key threats to business.
To request Newrisk Limited's assistance in connection with audit assurance risk, or to discuss a tailored package of services, please contact Newrisk Limited directly.