Papers and Publications Archive
Newrisk Limited and its principal adviser, Dr Leivesley, have written numerous publications and papers on a variety of topics.
A selection of these papers and publications are set out below and - where not available by download - may be requested, subject to the conditions of use (available by following this link).
Papers and Publications
- 'Pre-empting Islamic State in 2016: A Comment Paper based on OSINT Reports' (Allen Vanguard publication (England), January 2016: Emerging Threats to Cities 2016, “a cluster such as Paris, Ramadi, Kabul and Karachi brings together cities with vastly different populations, culture and economies. The effects of terror attacks on such a cluster can be used by cities in Europe and many other countries threatened by the self-proclaimed Islamic State (IS) in 2016 … The failure of Ramadi is an important lesson for western cities unused to the concept of fragility in counter-terror operations’.
- Mitigating Hybrid Terror Threats to Mega Critical National Infrastructure: Energy Security Through Technology and Data (Plenary Session, World Federation of Scientists, 48th Session: The Role of Science in the Third Millenium, Erice (Siciliy) August 2015);
- Resilient Core Networks for Energy Distribution by Nicolai Kuntze, Carsten Rudolph, Sally Leivesley, David Manz, Barbara Endicott-Popovsky (January 2014):
- This paper introduces the concept of a Resilient Core Network to interconnected substations. This core network provides essential security features, enables fast detection of attacks and allows for a distributed and autonomous mitigation of ICT based risks;
- Iran - Radiation Threats to the Region and Waterborne Issues (August 2012);
- Mobile Borders: New Solutions for Future Terror Threats (Briefing Paper, November 2008);
- Submission to the Nuclear Regulatory meeting on Security and Continued use of Radioactive Sources by R.L. Garwin, S. Leivesley, A.L. Moore, A. Sobel, and R. Wilson, Docket ID: NRC-2008-0419 (September 2008);
- British Policy and its Influence on Trends in International Terrorism (October 2007); and
- Solving the Pandemic Problem (Paper submitted to the World Federation of Scientists, Permanent Monitoring Panel on Terrorism, May 2006).
To request a paper or publication or to discuss a tailored package of services, please contact Newrisk Limited directly.